Official (Greek) Book Launch Party!

Official (Greek) Book Launch Party!

This weekend I had my first ever book launch in my hometown of Leigh-on-Sea.

Instead of a formal literary affair, I decided to have a full on Greek party complete with Greek food, Greek dancing and plastic plate smashing, to celebrate my new status as a published author (and to try and sell off a few copies to unsuspecting party-goers).

My wonderful mother spent most of the week baking, grilling, and baking some more in preparation for the Greek feast, and what a feast we had. I think it is fair to say that more people turned up for the food than they did to buy a copy of my book! In fact, several guests seemed far more interested in the ingredients of my mother’s cheesecake than the plotline of my story!

In all seriousness I have been amazed by the number of people who have shown their support for my book and I am so very grateful for all the encouragement and kind words that I have received. 🙂

You can purchase my book from Amazon in paperback or on Kindle, or enter my Goodreads competition to win yourself a free copy!

If you enjoy the book, please consider telling your friends or posting a short review on Amazon. Word of mouth is an author’s best friend and much appreciated.

Thank you all! xoxo

1. 5th November 2013 / 9:16 am

Hi Ekaterina – thanks for the Like, and congratulations! Holding your own book must be an amazing feeling! What’s next?

• 5th November 2013 / 9:29 am

You are welcome! And thank you very much for your kind comments. Not sure what’s next – I’m very busy with work and other freelance writing atm so we shall see!

• 5th November 2013 / 9:33 am

I thought you might be wanting a break from typing. Sounds like you’re in demand!

• 5th November 2013 / 9:40 am

No rest for the wicked! 🙂

2. 4th November 2013 / 2:03 pm

I’m glad your big day went well. I made my first ever Moussaka on Saturday and thought of you and your book launch :-). Yes selling the book can often be harder than writing it but you can only sell it if you have written it and you’ve made it past a stage that others only dream of.

BTW, my wife read your book on the way to work every day last week and I am only now able to read it. She said it was well written and very funny. So go on people, buy Ekaterina’s book!

• 4th November 2013 / 2:10 pm

Thanks Stephen, to be honest although of course I want the book to sell and for people to enjoy it, I’m just happy I managed to write it as it has been a life-long ambition. The launch party was simply a chance for friends and family to celebrate with me and I was lucky that a fair few decided to purchase the book as well. Now onto the next one!

• 4th November 2013 / 2:13 pm

Yes that is a good attitude to have. I am working on book 4 at the moment and have two others at very early stages written in rough and one in my head that I have been told to write before those other two. There are also 2 other short ebooks I want to write

Then at the weekend I decided to write a beginners guide to WW1 (heaven help me with that one).

• 4th November 2013 / 2:14 pm

Good luck!! Rather you than me with the WW1 guide!

3. 4th November 2013 / 1:55 pm

Congratulations for the great accomplishment of writing your book and planning a pretty party to celebrate, Ekterina. Selling it is much harder, as you saw. Good luck in all ways. Mark

• 4th November 2013 / 1:56 pm

Thank you Mark – let the challenge begin!