Greek Dinner Party Around the World!

Greek Dinner Party Around the World!

On Wednesday (January 15th) the world got together to host a Greek Dinner Party. The idea was simple – partners to this initiative would host a dinner for friends, family, and anyone who was hungry (!) using Greek products to create Greek dishes. Those involved would then share photos or recipes of their creations through the various media outlets under the name #GreekDinner and #EatGreek.

The goal – to promote Greek culture and to honour our Greek heritage.

The whole idea was organised by Keri Douglas, founder of the fantastic blog 9 Muses News who wanted to celebrate Greek cuisine and promote amazing people, authors, chefs and businesses who are connected to Greece.

The event had a HUGE turnout from all over the world and twitter was buzzing with photos of Greek food and recipes being shared throughout the evening. Also involved was my fellow Greek blogger Kouzounas Kitchen who cooked up a storm! Check out her blog and instagram page!

Kouzounas Kitchen Greek Dinner

Kouzounas Kitchen Greek Dinner

It truly was a night to remember and if you are interested in expanding your Greek network and learning more about Greek culture in general, check out the list on 9 Muses News. Kali Orexi!

1. 21st January 2014 / 10:17 pm

Somehow, Katerina mou, I missed this post! Or at least do not remember it. I remember visiting but not sure what I read and if I subscribed.
    It was great meeting you and so many other wonderful people through this beautiful event and I look forward to staying connected for a long time. Wishing you all the best, always!

2. 18th January 2014 / 6:39 am

It really was a great night. It was way too hot in Melbourne for a proper meal, but we had fun sharing various Greek mezedes and sipping on ouzo.

3. 18th January 2014 / 5:51 am

Thank you Ekaterina for the awesome shout out!! Greek Dinner was awesome at my house, and my family ate it up fast. 🙂 How was your dinner? The plate looks great. 🙂

4. 17th January 2014 / 1:53 pm

I had fun joining friends from all around the world to celebrate Greek Culture and Greek Food. I am really not a good cook, so we went to a Greek restaurant to celebrate! What did you have for your Greek Dinner Ekaterina?

• 17th January 2014 / 1:54 pm

Souvlaki of course Sia! 😉 Sounds like you had a fab time!

• 17th January 2014 / 1:58 pm

Sure did! We ate souvlaki too 😉 both lamb and chicken, as well as domathes, haloumi, tarama, tzatziki, octopus, potatoes, Greek salad, galaktobouriko and my favourite… honey puffs!!

Until round two…

5. 17th January 2014 / 1:52 pm

I really should stop reading your blog – it makesme homesick for Greece every time I log in

• 17th January 2014 / 1:54 pm

🙂 Don’t stop reading!

6. 17th January 2014 / 1:25 pm

Greek food is my absolute favorite food! The Souvlaki is to die for, the salads are incredible and the rice is out of this world! Love it so much!

• 17th January 2014 / 1:36 pm