To post, or not to post

To post, or not to post

While I try my best to bash out two posts a week (some prepared in advance, others off the cuff), sometimes it can be difficult to keep coming up with something interesting and witty when other work/ life / Greek stuff is piling up.

I really admire those bloggers who can churn out post after post and keep things entertaining. So I’ve been lazy today and decided to ask my blogger friends and readers your opinion.

In general I usually post on a Monday and a Friday – a more serious one on a Monday (by serious I mean a ‘slightly longer one’), followed by a lighter one on a Friday usually a recipe, poem or video etc.

When I am away, I can usually only manage one post in the week and wondered whether Mondays or Fridays are more popular… Do you tend to read more posts at the beginning or at the end of the week?

My stats vary according to the post rather than the day I publish it – so any ideas people? Do you find it difficult keeping up with your blog or are you awash with creativity?

P.S. I realise this was a poop post but I am totally pooped out today! It’s the 1st August and my brain has reverted back to school holiday time!

1. 6th August 2014 / 11:53 pm

*Prying open one sleep-shut eye, midday* So tired. Wait. Let me make this a poem.

So tired
    Always
    In a bloody
    battle for
    time.
    Awash with
    fatigue and ideas
    Where’ve they all gone?

(LOL The worst poem I’ve ever written)

• 7th August 2014 / 8:13 am

I can do worse than that Diana!

Rest your head,
      Upon your bed,
      Close your eyes,
      For time just flies,
      Deep in sleep,
      Do not weep,
      When morning breaks,
      The world awakes,
      Go on your way,
      It’s groundhog day.

😉

2. 2nd August 2014 / 4:15 pm

It’s a lot of work and hard to keep up when you have other things going on in life. I love it and wish I had more time. But I just post whenever I find an opportunity or have something to post about. Wish I had that kind of time to do it every day though like others.

• 4th August 2014 / 8:38 am

Yes more time is what we all need!

3. 1st August 2014 / 8:20 pm

So it is ! – ENFIN !!!!!!
    How can it possibly take so long ???
    Thank-you, Ekaterina ! That is delightful. 🙂

4. 1st August 2014 / 12:06 pm

Oh I agree entirely Ekaterina. I try and publish on a Saturday and a Tuesday with the weekend one being the bigger one. I do find the time and day of publishing effects my figures but then just when you think you know what is going on you get a flood of viewers for a lesser post and then no-one even sees the much better written but less populist blog post and it makes me wonder why I bothered!

I would keeo yours on a Friday, that’s when I read blogs and yours is perfectly timed. Though Monday is another good day, I wonder whether many people back from work are too busy or even catching up on weekend blogs?

I go through weeks where I burst with creativity and I either write posts and save them for the future or even write 4 or 5 posts a week. At other times I don’t have much of a clue what I will write the next day and maybe just 2 or 3 times a year I will post just once a week which means I am out of inspiration.

• 1st August 2014 / 12:09 pm

I’m a big fan of ‘preparation’ so I like to get ahead of myself by about 3 weeks. But when I go away it all gets messed up a bit! Someone needs to bottle ‘creativity’ and sell it!

5. 1st August 2014 / 11:46 am

“Awash with creativity” my a**!!! I wish I were but naaah, never happens! :/ For some peculiar reason I like reading freshly pressed posts on Mondays but I don’t know if it is statistically considered a good day to post in the blogoshpere.

• 1st August 2014 / 11:49 am

Haha! I get days when I get bitten by the creativity bug and draft out lots of blog posts, and other times when I’m stone cold! That’s interesting that you read more on a Monday – maybe you’re fresh from the weekend! 😉

• 1st August 2014 / 11:37 am

Yes you are quite right! Once I get this new book sorted I will!

6. 1st August 2014 / 11:32 am

Mine is a different kind of blog, i.e., it’s more a platform for authors to promote themselves from, so I blog and reblog every day.
    However, I DO know what you mean about running out of ideas and when is the BEST day to post.
    I find that just as soon as I think I’ve worked out a popular day rhythm – it changes LOL.
    Stick with what is comfortable for YOU – your followers (like me) will still be here and check in whenever we can 😀

• 1st August 2014 / 11:34 am

Thanks Chris! I agree, sticking with your own rhythm is key!