During the smoggy damp months of colds, coughs and flu, nothing soothes the stomach more than a nice warm soup (with PLENTY of bread). Vegetable soup (Hortosoupa – ‘Horta‘ means salad, or greens) is an easy and wholesome meal and will warm up your cockles in no time!
You will need (4-6 portions):
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 medium sized carrots
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 small courgettes
- 1/2 cup of oil
- Salt, pepper
What to do:
- Peel the potatoes and dice them. Do the same to the courgettes and the carrots.
- Cut the onion into slices.
- Skin the tomatoes and remove the seeds, cutting them into small sections.
- Put all of the ingredients into a saucepan and cover with plenty of water. Add the oil, salt and pepper.
- Allow the soup to boil for 20 minutes and serve with lemon juice.
Voila! Don’t forget the chunky bread or pita to dip into the soup!