I recently wrote a winter beauty article for the Love Wimbledon Guide which is out now. I was asked to choose and review five red lipstick looks for the festive period – all of which could be purchased in Wimbledon. So here are my top five red lippies to pucker up with under the mistletoe this Christmas.
GET FESTIVE THIS WINTER WITH A SPLASHING OF CHRISTMAS RED
The sun kissed summer might be long gone but despite the cold, you can heat up your winter look with my five festive lippies for luxuriously luscious lips. After all, Santa’s not the only one who looks good in red.
- First up is the gorgeous Luxe Lip Colour from Bobbi Brown in Parisian Red. Bold and vibrant, this sumptuous formula dramatically boosts moisture levels while intensely rejuvenating lips, keeping them comfortable and conditioned—even after it’s removed. Presented in a sleek gold tube, it’s luxury, redefined and has a price tag to go with it. Elys – £25.00.
- To get precise definition and the perfect lip shape you need a great quality lip liner. The Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencil in Red lasts for up to 12 hours. With a lightweight and creamy texture, the colour glides on effortlessly and is soft enough to fill in the entire lip without feathering or bleeding. Debenhams – £17.50.
- For something with a little more gloss as well as staying power why not try the Superstay Bold Matte Lip Hot Balm from Maybelline in Red Passion. My personal favourite, the double ended lip colour with micro flex technology has two steps: Step 1: apply the colour end; Step 2: apply the conditioning balm end for ultra soft lips. The conditioning balm on its own is a real treat for dry lips and smells absolutely delicious. Superdrug – £8.99
- Max Factor’s Intensifying Lip Balm Luscious Red 20 is perfect for a subtler look that you can easily build on. The soft, smooth lip colour lets you dial up your lip from subtle and sheer to a full vibrant finish and is easy on the purse strings too. Boots – £6.99
- If you are looking for something with that extra festive sparkle, The Body Shop’s Lip & Cheek Stain in number 3 adds just the right amount of glitter for a touch of glamour. This dual-purpose liquid stain gives lips and cheeks a hint of natural-looking colour and can be used under gloss for added intensity. The Body Shop – £10.00
So are you a red lippie lover or do you prefer something more subtle?